Saturday, December 11, 2010

Free Costco Cookbook-Smart Cooking The Costco Way

When  we were at Costco after Thanksgiving to buy a new TV, we were given this cookbook as we were leaving the store.

While I have been a reader of their cookbooks in electronic forms (see my links to them), this was the first time I have had an encounter with a printed and bound paper book.

I have to say I am impressed, especially for a freebie. Sure, lots of stores have recipe cards and certainly a lot of food manufacturers do websites and cookbooks.  But this is the first cookbook I have seen from a food retailer.


It is primarily organized by course, with a special section devoted to famous chefs such as Mario Batali, Steven Raichlen, Bruce Aidells and other.

At 236 pages long, there is a wide variety of recipes.  Along with a typical index, there is also a index by manufacturer, which makes sense since they reference so many products by name.

There definitely are some recipes in here we are interested in trying or using as a basis for our own recipe.  I haven't seen this cookbook at Costco since the weekend after Thanksgiving, but if they hand them out again, I recommend getting one. It has a lot of appealing and practical recipes in it and I am sure most of the readers of this blog would find something useful in it.

That

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know...Costco gives away a printed cookbook every single year, but only the day after Thanksgiving. I am lucky enough to have a collection of all the cookbooks. I always visit Costco the day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first recipe I wanted to try calls to mix 1/2 cup of milk with 2/3 cup of orange juice (with butter and egg, before adding to the dough). I don't think it is possible. Also I can't find the information about the feedback for this book.

    ReplyDelete